Last week, Reuters flagship technology and innovation event, Reuters MOMENTUM, saw over 25,000 virtual delegates brought together to hear from the world’s most influential technologists, policymakers, NGOs, and business leaders on improving lives through technology.
Over three days, 75 world technology innovators spoke across 35 sessions, generating essential insights for professional audiences on the social, economic, environmental and ethical challenges being faced and the demand for tech-driven ambition to deliver a better society and advanced economy.
The conference kicked off with a session from Sean Lee, CEO, The Algorand Foundation, discussing its environmentally friendly practises and how it serves as a vital tool to boost sustainability in the blockchain space.
Other highlights included:
- An insightful conversation with Joe Geagea, EVP, Chevron, as he shared how the global energy transition will require accelerated deployment of new and emerging technologies;
- An exclusive conversation with leading executives at the forefront of EY’s desire to make business work for sustainability as well as delivering sustainable Artificial Intelligence;
- A panel discussion with BP, Dell Technologies and Council on Energy Environment and Water on achieving net zero;
- A presentation from Mike Froman, Vice Chair and President, Strategic Growth for Mastercard, on The Inclusion Mindset – how one billion people lack access to basic financial services, and how digitalization through COVID-19 has further excluded them;
- A fireside chat with Strava Co-founder and Chairman Mark Gainey on how technology can be leveraged to create greater equity and sustainability in society;
- Information on transforming healthcare through technology with Babylon Health, Walgreens Boots Alliance, and United Health Group;
- The latest privacy and information security trends with Huawei Technologies USA and DocuSign;
- A panel discussion on cultivating the tech talent of tomorrow with Zoom, Girls Who Code and MaRS Discovery District.
Missed a session? All sessions are now available on-demand at this link.
Reuters MOMENTUM follows the launch of Reuters IMPACT, which mobilized global business leaders to deliver on climate action in October, ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26). Further, it follows the success of the inaugural Reuters Next leadership summit in January, which attracted more than 40,000 professionals from over 150 countries.
Reuters Next returns December 1-3, 2021. Click here for more information, and sign-up here for free.
kayley.rogers @ tr.com