Reuters, the world’s largest multimedia news provider, today announced the return of the two-day agenda-setting Reuters MOMENTUM summit, uniting the global technology community to discuss how to build a better society and advanced economy.
From 27-28 October 2021, Reuters MOMENTUM will bring together more than 25,000 attendees to hear from the most influential technologists, policy makers and NGOs from across business and government and reimagine what’s possible through the lens of technology.
Developed in collaboration with Reuters award-winning newsroom, Reuters MOMENTUM will be broadcast live to share strategies towards a better future as society gets ready for the ‘next normal’ after a period of unrivalled disruption.
The virtual summit is built upon four central, interlinked pillars: Society, Economy, Sustainability, Trust & Ethics. Leading speakers at the annual summit include:
- David Almeida, Chief Strategy and Technology Officer, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Tarika Barrett, CEO, Girls Who Code
- Lori Beer, Global Chief Information Officer, JPMorgan Chase
- Yael Cosset, CIO & Chief Digital Officer, Kroger
- Karen Dolva, CEO & Co-founder, No Isolation
- Susan Doniz, Chief Information Officer, Boeing
- Glenn Fogel, President & CEO, Booking Holdings and Booking.com
- Sana Khareghani, Head of UK Government Office for AI, UK Government
- Courtney McColgan, CEO & Founder, Runa
- Monique Morrow, President and Co-founder, Humanized Internet
- Roshan Navagamuwa, Chief Information Officer, CVS Health
- Carissa Rollins, Chief Information Officer , United Health Group
- Jason Roos, Chief Information Officer, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Vish Sankaran, Global Chief Innovation Officer, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Yuri Sebregts, EVPTechnology & Chief Technology Officer, Shell
- Ranjeeta Singh, Chief Product Officer, The Climate Corporation
- Scott Spradley, Chief Technology Officer, Tyson Foods
- Jane Sun, CEO, Trip.com
- Sreedhar Suragouni, Chief Information Officer, Oman Insurance Company
- Saul Van Beurden, Senior EVP & Head of Technology, Wells Fargo
- Sebastian Vidal, Chief Innovation Officer , Puerto Rico Science, Technology & Research Trust
- Yung Wu, CEO, MaRS Discovery District
Josh London, Head of Reuters Professional and Chief Marketing Officer of Reuters, said: “After a period of unprecedented disruption, we have an opportunity to reimagine what’s possible and collectively build a healthier, happier, more equitable and sustainable future for all. I’m excited that we can bring leading tech innovators and pioneers together than at Reuters MOMENTUM, where they can share their insights and perspectives on how technology can positively shape the future.”
The inaugural virtual summit in 2020 had 15,000 attendees and over 60 speakers including: Catherine P. Bessant, Chief Operations and Technology Officer, Bank of America; Will Grannis, Founder and Leader of the CTO Office, Google; Ken Washington, Chief Technology Officer, Ford; Harry Moseley, Global Chief Information Officer, Zoom; Lauren Gardner, Co-director, Center for System Science and Engineering, Johns Hopkins University; Florian Schattenmann, Chief Technology Officer and VP, Innovation and R&D, Cargill; Stewart Butterfield, CEO, Slack; Bret Arsenault, Chief Information Security Officer, Microsoft; Noopur Davis, Senior Vice President & Global Chief Innovation Officer, Walgreens Boots Alliance and Bernardo Mariano, Chief Information Officer and Director of Department of Digital health and Innovation, World Health Organization.
Reuters MOMENTUM follows the launch of Reuters IMPACT, which will mobilise global business leaders to deliver on climate action in October, ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26), and the success of the inaugural Reuters Next leadership summit in January, which attracted more than 40,000 professionals from over 150 countries who came together to discuss future opportunities for change and growth, as well addressing the rifts and problems that our world and our societies face. Reuters Next returns 1-3 December, 2021.
Heather.Carpenter @ TR.com