Reuters is pleased to announce the return of Reuters NEXT, its flagship global forum bringing together CEOs, world leaders, policymakers, innovators and youth and community leaders to inspire, drive action and accelerate innovation for a better tomorrow. The third edition of Reuters NEXT will, for the first time, be anchored by an in-person event in New York City on November 30 and December 1.
This year’s keynote interviews, panels and workshops in New York will be complemented by virtual sessions kicking off the agenda each day in the Asia and EMEA time zones, providing audiences outside New York opportunities to attend Reuters NEXT during their business day. The virtual and public in-person program will also be accessible via a free-to-attend global broadcast.
This year’s Reuters NEXT agenda, powered by the award-winning Reuters newsroom, will explore four themes:
- Leadership in times of instability – macro and micro responses to the most challenging global socio-economic disruptions to world growth in decades.
- The economy & inflation – the path ahead to mitigate risk and price volatility for industry and society.
- Climate & sustainability – the current reality in the wake of COP27 and the next steps.
- Digital disruption – opportunities and risks of the digitization of our world, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, the metaverse and blockchain.
“The world is going through seismic shifts,” said Reuters Editor-in-Chief Alessandra Galloni. “Reuters NEXT provides the trusted platform for global leaders to uncover opportunities and collaborate to address today’s challenges.”
Confirmed speakers for Reuters NEXT include:
- World Bank President David Malpass
- IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva
- Lithuanian Prime Minister Ingrida Šimonytė
- Myanmar Acting President of the National Unity Government Duwa Lashi La
- U.S. Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo
- German Finance Minister Christian Lindner
- Zambian Finance Minister Situmbeko Musokotwane
- Angolan Finance Minister Daves de Sousa
- Japanese Vice-Minister for Global Environmental Affairs Hiroshi Ono
- International Rescue Committee President and Chief Executive Officer David Milliband
- Bank of Korea Governor Chang Yong Rhee
- NYSE Group President Lynn Martin
- HKEX Chairman Laura M Cha
- Nasdaq PresidentAdena Friedman
- Morgan Stanley Chief Executive Officer James Gorman
- Pfizer Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourla
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Chief Executive Officer Uday Kotak
- LSEG Chief Executive Officer David Schwimmer
- ENEL Chief Executive Officer Francesco Starace
- Mars Chief Executive Officer & President Grant F. Reid
The full line-up is available on the Reuters NEXT website, with additional speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
heather.carpenter @ tr.com